Thursday, June 01, 2006

Post Humus

Scatter my ashes in my garden
so I can be near my loves.
Say a few honest words, sing a gentle song,
join hands in a circle of flesh.
Please tell some stories about me
making you laugh. I love to make you laugh.
When I’ve had time to settle, and green
gathers into buds, remember I love blossoms
bursting in spring. As the season ripens
remember my persistent passion.
And if you come into my garden
on an August afternoon
pluck a bright red globe,
let juice run down your chin and the seeds
stick to your cheek. When I’m dead
I want folks to smile and say THAT PATTI,
SHE SURE IS SOME TOMATO!

Patti Tana (from Make Your Way Across This Bridge)

3 comments:

Endment said...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you know...that when you walk past a flower, whether it be in
somebody's garden or on a vacant hillside, the flower will always smile at you. The most polite way to respond, I've been told, is to cheerfully return the smile." ---Ron Atchison

Thanks for the smiles --- Wonderful

Maureen said...

great song and perfect photo to illustrate it. ,... and Endment, I like your contribution too -- the smiles.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

I am so plesed that my poem "Post Humus" is included in this beautiful website. You might enjoy hearing me read "Post Humus" on my website: pattitana.com/