Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Four of Earth

It is wonderful how marvellous things come into one's life and just when she needs them to appear.

Several days ago my dear Sister Mermaid Joanna sent me an beautiful limited edition print of the Four of Earth from her magnificent work of art in progress, the Gaian Tarot. I opened Joanna's package yesterday (just when I needed it most), and the print is before me as I write this. It is so beautiful, and it tells me beyond mere words, that I have much to give thanks for: that the world is graced with bright and generous spirits like Joanna and Sister Superior Mermaid, Kim, that there is indeed beauty, abundance, harvest and completion in our endeavours, all in their own good time. Thank you Joanna, and from the bottom of my heart.

Henry, the grey squirrel who is the elder statesman in the garden behind the little blue house in the village, was happy to pose for Joanna's card some time ago. He is older, wiser and greyer this summer, and if anything, plumper, bolder and more audacious too.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Somehow when I stop by for a visit I feel as if I am in one of those special dimensions where two time/spatial elements combined for a brief moment. I know you live on my planet...but I still like to visit yours.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the links to your Mermaid sister. What a wonderful artist she is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the introduction to Kim and the mermaids. I look forward to getting to know them better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, Cate -- your blog enriches me every day. And please thank Henry once again for being such a great model!

Maya's Granny said...

Audacious squirrels are the very best kind.